Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where does the time go?

We are almost at Lachlan's birthday, and I cannot believe that this year has passed so quickly! We are in the process of planning a party, which will be a little like Christmas, in that he will most likely not know what is going on. So, maybe no gifts? just photos and food and cake? (which is food) I don't think my Mom would like that, but he has already accumulated so much! And it will be mostly adults :(

Almost time, too for a reunion of our birthing class. All the little kiddos are just a few months from turning one, it has been so nice to see their progress and develpment, even though we are so far from them.

What is new? Lachlan had his first chiropractic appointment a few weeks ago, he needed alittle adjustment. He had a tiny ear infection, which we treated with garlic oil and colostrum. Maybe I already mentioned this?  Anyhow, it seems better, but we are keeping an eye on it.

Our chiro's daughter is now babysitting age, and she has offered to help out with Lachlan. Great first day, with Jason sticking around 1/2 and hour and leaving them to their own. He apparently looked for Jason, would cry, play, and cry more. Terrible second visit, the next week. He knew what was coming so cried for AN HOUR AND A HALF! Jason told Serena that he cries at home when Jason leaves the room and he is with ME! (true, although I will not hesitate to immediately nurse him and remind him, this is the breast that FEEDS you)Yes, it hurts my feelings he prefers Jason to me.

Last night I headed back to work late, and around 1115 Jason asked me to come  home, Lachlan was inconsolable, he wanted his Mama. Sure. I packed up, went home, nursed him for like 50 seconds. (Ok, maybe 10 minutes) and then he wanted Daddy. And he cried when I held him, and fell asleep in Daddy's lap. He really is happiest when we are both near, but it sucks to hold him while he cries and have him immediately stop crying once Jason holds him. ( I will often say outloud, "oh its ok Lachlan, I just carried you around for 9 months, and gave birth to you with no pain meds, and am the sole source of your nutrition" - or - " the only thing that exists for you is your Dad and my boobs!"

So, I have been told, that the time to introduce a new caregiver is before 6 months and after 18 months. So we decided to just make a weekly playdate with Mackenzie and company, and see how long it takes...That has gone well, he is so happy to play and know Jason is nearby.

With all of the snow, we are contemplating a trip to Ruidoso. Jason skis, ( I have tried but am horrible, but plan to learn before Lachlan gets too old) and so is wondering if he can take Lachlan with him,down a few easy slopes. Or we can just go down the little sled hills. I think he would really enjoy it...

So Lachlan is eating a bit now, pea-sized and mostly do-it-yourself. The only thing that gets really messy is the floor. We don't do the whole-food-all-over-the-face and body thing. He doesn't really like the pureed, so that made it easy. He very deliberately picks up each piece of food with his fingers and puts it in his mouth, and takes it out, and puts it on the table, and back in the mouth again. He also loves to gag himself. ? Puts his fingers in his mouth until he gags and laughs when I tell him to stop it.

And I am wondering what kind of pain circuitry he has. He rarely cries if he falls or bumps his head. He likes to bump heads, likes it when you bite his fingers, likes it when you tap his head with a raquet or plastic bat.
Is loving patty cake. Smiles when you just say the words. Waves and says bye bye. likes any kind of percussive noise. high fives.

In celebration of the Australian Open, and Roger Federer's win, I ordered Lachlan a tennis raquet, smallest size, age 2-4. And some soft, low-bounce tennis balls. I call Roger and Mirka (sp) Lachlan's in-laws because they have twin girls a little younger than Lachlan. Wishful thinking.

Well, thank you, Alma, for bugging me to update. I really do mean to, I just have time at home unless it is 5 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment